For the best of the best you need to be looking above the £600 mark. Within the £600 and £800 price bracket, you should get:
• At least 8 cooking functions
• A fully programmable timer, which allows you to pre-set the start and stop time of your cooking
• At least triple glazing in the door
• A cooling system.
• A safety lock and automatic cut out function.
• A self-clean function, generally either pyrolytic or stay-clean liners
• Telescopic shelves
• A large capacity (more than 50 litres, largest 70 litres)
• An A energy rating
• Heating up indicator
The thing to consider when choosing the oven is what is important to you. In this price bracket you would probably have to choose between 13 features or a 70 litre capacity, or between pyrolytic cleaning and telescopic shelves. But as a general guide the above are all functions an oven in this price bracket should have, a good example is the Siemens HB75AB550B.
Going up into the next price bracket there is even more innovative technology. It will encompass everything above and then some extras.
• Illuminated function display
• A slide away door
• Electronic controls
• A temperature and function display
In this bracket you won’t have to choose between different functions as they should have all you need.
There are only twelve single ovens in this price bracket on our site and they are the best of the best. You will see a big difference in design with these models; they have very sleek and sharp lines. You basically have everything available on these models, without having to choose between anything. But be careful with such a large amount of function as you might have to compromise on space, for example the Siemens HB78P570E has every function going, but only a 50 litre capacity.
I hope that helps and you have a better idea of what to look out for.
Was this information helpful?