We want you to get the most out of your washer dryer. Check out our top 5 tips for making sure that everything runs smoothly. From keeping your clothes smelling fresh to efficient drying.
Top 5 Washer Dryer Tips
Keep an eye on what you're washing
- You’ll get great results every time you wash if you choose the right programme and use the perfect amount of detergent. This can depend on the fabrics you’re washing, or the weight of the load.
- Quicker and more economical washes are a great way to save time and money, but keep in mind that they aren’t designed to get rid of stubborn stains.
- It’s tempting to cram in your washing, but if there are too many items in the machine then detergent won't dissolve properly. This means that your clothes won't get the care they deserve.
Clean the condenser
If your clothes are taking a long time to dry or aren’t drying properly, the chances are there is a build-up of fluff in the condenser. The condenser is usually found near the bottom of the machine and is easy to remove. Clean the condenser under a cold tap to remove the fluff. We recommend doing this regularly to keep everything ticking over nicely.
Banish bad smells
Do you ever get your clothes out of the washer dryer and they smell worse than when you put them in? This is most commonly caused by a build-up of bacteria and undissolved detergent. Running the machine at a high temperature with some washing soda or biological detergent will help to get rid of the bad odour. So your clothes are fresh the next time you run a wash.
- First things first, make sure the bolts that are used to transport the machine have been removed as they tend to rattle around and could cause damage. They're usually found at the back of the appliance.
- Placing your washer dryer on a wooden floor or an uneven surface can cause the machine to shake and cause a racket. Try placing the machine on a flat surface to keep noise to a minimum.
- If your machine is rocking and making too much noise, try adjusting the feet to give better balance.
If you need your favourite top freshening up in a hurry, pop it in the dryer with a scented dryer sheet for a short spin. Not only does it remove any bad odours, it leaves your clothes feeling super soft.