"Lives up to expectations"
Pros: Value for money, Good build quality, Quiet, looks good, light + fan in both ovens
Cons: controls not easy to read
"The cooker does all I want - it is pleasing to use and looks good in the kitchen. The fan oven is excellent - I'm a great fan of the dual fuel arrangement, given that I can't have a separate hob and built-in oven:
Negative points are few and small:
- the image to show which ring a given knob controls is below the knob, so can't be seen unless one is on one's knees (but one quickly learns the layout)
- the oven dial temperatures are too tiny to read
- the samllest gas ring is more like 'medium' than 'small': even on the lowest setting it simmers thick liquids too fast - a smaller ring would be preferable
- the spring on the top oven door is too strong and slams the door shut unless you hold the handle tight
- the minute-timer is a bit hard to set, as it races ahead too fast to read, needing lots of 'finger-stabbing' actions to set, say,15 or 20 minutes
- delivered without a gas connection hose, so that's an extra cost (betw. £13 and £25 dep on supplier)
Good points to mention:
- solid build quality (except the grill pan handle) and the control knobs are positive to the touch
- enamel top is easy to clean
- light in top oven as well as main oven
- fan in top oven as well as main oven
- good door handle grips the full width of the cooker
- glass top with soft-close hinges acts as splashback when the hob is in use"
19 of 19 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?