"poor quality and design"
Pros: Quiet, looks good
Cons: poor quality
"I've been using this cooker now for 6 weeks so feel I can give a full and fair review. Unfortunately I can't recommend it and I regret my purchase.
There are some pros however:
- The cooker heats up quickly and is very quiet
- The fan oven cooks well and evenly. It's great not having to turn trays round in the oven half way through baking. I've noticed certain foods crisp up better than in my old one.
- it looks good in my kitchen, very sleek and modern, and the dials are well placed and easy to read.
- it's generally easy to clean. There's no gaps round the dials like my old cooker for food to get stuck in, and the catalytic cleaning seems to work well.
- the grill door feels very solidly made
- there's a 2 year warranty - you'll need it! Thankfully it's straightforward to find and call out your local engineers who've been great.
- the fan oven door is sub-standard quality. Within 2 weeks of installing it I had to call an engineer out to fix the hinge as the door wasn't shutting properly. A month later I've just had the engineer out again as the latch has broken and the door won't shut at all. This time he's going to replace the whole section of the door, leaving me without my main oven until he gets the parts.
- The timer is extremely poor. I use this almost every time I cook so it's a big issue for me. The touch screen is barely fit for purpose, it's poorly responsive and requires a knack to get it to work . Even knowing the knack it can take more than one attempt to get it to respond. To compound this, the minute minder function, which I use most, needs 3 presses to get to. This can mean more like 6 presses. It's also not very user friendly to edit or cancel the timer.
I asked an engineer if the timer could be fixed and their response was that it's not a fault and can't be improved. Basically it's designed to work that badly!
- the shelf supports are also poor quality and it's a struggle to slide the grill pan in between them.
The manual tells you to take them out in order to do the catalytic cleaning but I wouldn't recommend doing this as now two of the supports are loose, making it even harder to slide the pan in. I've asked the engineer to fix this, and he's going to enquire if he can get the parts, but he doesn't sound very hopeful.
- the grill pan has no handle and the grill must be shut when cooking meaning monitoring grilling food isn't very user friendly. Although I'm getting used to it I preferred the old system. Also due to the loose shelf supports and the depth of the door it's very difficult to get the pan in one of the lower slots, meaning it's too close to the grill.
Overall I've had problems with this cooker from the start and I will be avoiding Electrolux in the future. If it continues to have problems I will be asking to return it."
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?