Terms and Conditions
Our Contract with you
We display our availability on the website and when you can have an item delivered. Where we display the earliest available delivery day prior to the checkout, postcode restrictions may apply. For the most accurate delivery date to your home, you can enter your postcode when you’re in the checkout.
We deliver thousands of products a week and so we have to rely on a computer system for our stock control. Computers are better than people at this stuff on a big scale but even they occasionally get it wrong. If we get this wrong we will tell you as soon as we know and we will try to sort it out for you.
Black Friday Pricing
Any offers are genuine savings. Because we match the prices of competitors, there is the potential for prices to drop further. We will always offer our customers our price match promise.
Unique Discount Codes
Unique codes are a little different from our normal discount codes but everything mentioned above still applies. Your unique discount code has been generated especially for you and can only be used once. When you’re ready to redeem your offer, simply copy and paste it into the discount code box. You’ll find this on the basket page when placing your order. This code can only be redeemed online, and isn’t valid for orders placed over the phone.
From time to time we may also send you promotional offers and details, including when you first register for My Account. Our My Account registration discount offer applies to items worth £299 or more. Your discount code will have an expiry date and won’t be valid for use after that date. This is a promotional offer and can be withdrawn at any time.
Bladed items, including chainsaws, grass trimmers, hedge trimmers, multi tools and saws, can only be purchased if you are 18 years of age or over. If you are underage please do not attempt to order or purchase these products. We complete age verification checks on orders for bladed products and our drivers, if appropriate, also check that delivery recipients are over the age 18 years old. We reserve the right not to supply any age restricted products where we reasonably believe that you are below the relevant legal age.
Occasionally something will happen out of our control that closes roads, like floods snow or other adverse weather conditions or things like, sporting events which result in closed roads. In this event we'll block any affected dates out of the checkout delivery calendar. If you've already selected your delivery date and you're affected, we'll contact you as soon as possible to arrange alternative delivery options. We will do what we can, but can’t be held liable if we can’t fulfil delivery due to reasons beyond our control.
Unfortunately, on the rare occasions where a delivery is unsuccessful, we're not liable for costs incurred. This might include things like a third party engineer or food deliveries.
There are various delivery options available, depending on your needs and how much you want to pay. These options are set out clearly on the checkout page before you place your order.
Please note, we don't currently deliver selected TV & entertainment, computing and smart tech products to Northern Ireland.
Track Your Order
Track Your Order allows you to view a live estimated delivery window, an interactive map of where we’re up to and how many deliveries we’re making before we get to you. You can use Track Your Order to change your delivery date and request another invoice should you need it.
For certain smaller items delivered by AO Logistics, you can ask us to leave your order in a safe place or with a neighbour if you’re not going to be in. You can also send us additional instructions if you need to. Please note that AO will not take any responsibility for any lost or stolen goods.
Pre-ordering a product
- Pre-order terms apply alongside and in addition to our terms and conditions of sale.
- A pre-order product is a product that has not yet been released. By pre-ordering, you are paying for and reserving yourself a product for launch day.
- Payment for your pre-order is taken when you place the order.
- Where possible, a pre-released order will be shipped to you so that you may receive it on the release date. When you get to the checkout, you will be able to select a delivery date that suits you, starting from the day of release. Release dates are set by the manufacturers and are subject to change. We are not liable for any changes to a pre-release date that has been advertised by us.
- Normal refund rules apply to pre-order products.
- Pre-order products are subject to availability.
Age restrictions on gaming products
Any product that has a PEGI (Pan-European Games Information) rating will be labelled on its product page. If you are purchasing a PEGI rated product, you confirm that you are eligible to receive and view the content of the title you’ve ordered. If you’re buying a PEGI rated product for someone else, you confirm that they are of the appropriate age to receive and view the content of the title you’ve ordered. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse to sell PEGI rated products if we reasonably believe that a customer is under the minimum appropriate age.
- Any electrical/plumbing supplies needed fail the delivery team's testing or are unsuitable.
- Any water supply needed cannot be isolated or is unsuitable.
- Any drainage/waste facilities needed are unusable.
- Mechanical adjustments are required to the item(s) to overcome such things as water pressure etc. Alterations to existing plumbing and electrical are required.
- Please note that our premium connection service is not available at commercial properties that don't have a secondary domestic meter.
If you're making use of a connection/installation service and haven’t opted for our disconnection service, please disconnect (and defrost if necessary) the appliance before we arrive.
From time to time we may offer installation services as part of a promotion, for example half price or free installation. Postcode restrictions apply, you can find out if installation is available in your area in the checkout.
Conditions for Gas and Electric Installation
Please note that our premium connection service is not available at commercial properties that don't have a secondary domestic meter.
Installing Hobs and Cookers
Please note that our premium connection service is not available at commercial properties that don't have a secondary domestic meter.
TV Wall Mounting
We can mount your new TV purchased from ao.com to your wall and connect it to compatible speakers or accessories. You can find the price and more information about this service on our TV wall mounting page.
How TV wall mounting works:
- After you’ve added a TV with a screen size of over 49” and a suitable TV bracket to your basket, simply choose your delivery and installation date and go through the checkout process. Our TV wall mounting service is available seven days a week, but please note that this is due to availability and geographical restrictions.
- You’ll get an SMS from us the day before your TV is delivered, then you’ll be given a three hour delivery window on delivery day.
- When we arrive to deliver your new TV, we’ll attach your bracket to your wall.
- We’ll then secure your TV to the bracket, and hide any cables with trunking.
- We’ll switch on your TV, tune it in and hook it up to any accessories such as sound bars, satellite boxes or games consoles. We can also connect your smart TV to your WiFi and set it up for you.
- We’ll clean up after ourselves afterwards, take away any packaging and take away your old TV if you’ve selected our disposal service.
Please note that we do not provide the wall bracket and you must purchase your own. We will only install wall brackets purchased at ao.com.
Whilst there isn’t a limit to how many existing devices we can connect, we can’t correct or adjust any settings, or mount any speakers or amps to your wall.
You’ll also need to make sure you have any connecting cables (e.g. HDMI, scart etc.) ready when we deliver, as we won’t be able to supply them unless they’ve been bought as part of your order. These cables will need to be long enough to reach from your wall to your TV, and your plug socket or extension lead needs to be within one metre of your TV.
If you've ordered a smart TV please have your WiFi password ready so you can input it into your TV. Please note, our drivers cannot input your password for you.
We won’t be able to lay cables under carpets, flooring or behind skirting boards, and we can’t mount the TV above heat sources such as radiators and fireplaces, or on to a chimney that is in use.
Please also note that we will have to drill holes in your wall in order to mount the TV bracket. Small amounts of décor damage can sometimes occur during this process (such as small flakes of paint adjacent to the hole), which we won’t be able to repair.
The installer has received appropriate training and will always do their very best to mount and connect your TV but occasionally and mainly for the reasons above, this may not be possible. Where the connection cannot be completed due to something we cannot control (such as [your cables not reaching your plug socket) we reserve the right not to refund any connection charge paid.
Set-Up for Windows Laptops
We’ve teamed up with a third party partner, Scan Computers International Limited, to offer a free set-up service that helps you get started with your new Windows laptop. Once you’ve placed an order with us, you’ll receive an email or SMS asking you to call our dedicated line to book the set-up. Scan will call you at the agreed time and take you through everything you need to get started, such as:
- Connecting your new laptop to your WiFi
- Setting up your internet browser
- Customising laptop settings, including, screen resolution, screen savers and power settings
- Installing Microsoft Office and virus protection software, if purchased as part of your order
- Set-up any accessories you’ve purchased from us or elsewhere, such as your keyboard or mouse
Please note that Scan won’t perform anything else outside of the above and are unable to offer advice on the performance of your laptop, or what products to purchase for your laptop.
If you don’t answer the call from Scan after 3 attempts, you will need to rebook by calling customer services on 0344 324 9222.
Once you’re all set up, Scan will let us know that the set-up has been completed. We’ll then contact you by email or SMS to conduct feedback on the service.
Please note that we can’t offer this service to AO Business customers, or to registered businesses buying through ao.com. We are also unable to install any software that hasn’t been purchased from ao.com.
If Products are Faulty
It’s our legal duty to supply products that are fit for purpose and meet satisfactory quality requirements.
As a customer, it’s your legal right to receive either a refund, repair or replacement for products that are either faulty or not what you expected as per the Consumer Rights Act.
We'll offer resolutions based on the timelines outlined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for products purchased from 1st October 2015 onwards, and those outlined in the Sale of Goods Act for those bought prior to this date.
- If a fault has been confirmed with your new product within 30 days of delivery, you can return it in exchange for a full refund.
- If you find a fault with your product after the 30 day cut off (but within 6 months of owning it) you can choose whether you’d like us to either repair or replace it for you (unless one option is disproportionate). If it’s not possible for us to offer a repair or replacement, you can choose to keep the product and receive a partial refund or return the product and receive a full refund.
- If you find a fault after 6 months of owning the product and you can prove the defect was present when we delivered it, we’ll follow the same processes that are outlined in point 2.
You can get advice regarding your legal rights from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
The manufacturers will supply a warranty in addition to your rights under the Sale of Goods Act. In most cases you'll receive a 1 year warranty covering all parts and labour. In some cases, it may be extended to 2, 5 or even 10 years by the manufacturer. You may need to register to qualify for these promotions – please check with one of our team.
Please also note that our warranties only cover domestic use; items for use in commercial properties might not be covered.
Things Beyond Our Control
Our Liability to You
Information About Us and How to Contact Us
How We May Use Your Personal Information
Buy More and Save
Our 'Buy More and Save' offer, when active, excludes Small Appliances (with the exception of Freestanding Microwaves), Floorcare, TV and Home Entertainment and Computing.
To take advantage of the offer, your appliances must be placed within the same order. You can only add a maximum of 10 appliances per order and you must submit your claim within 21 days of your order being delivered. Unfortunately trade customers are excluded from this offer. To receive your cashback, your claim form will be sent to you via email. Simply fill the form in and once it’s received, cashback will be transferred via BACS within 28 days of receipt of a valid claim.
AO.com reserves the right to remove, vary or cancel this offer in its sole discretion at any time without incurring any liability. We are under no obligation to honour any multi-line orders placed outside the scope of this offer.
Oven and Hob packages
Packages are subject to availability. If there are any problems with your order, please call our customer contact centre on
0344 324 9222 and have your order reference to hand. Please note, if you wish to return one of the products from the package, we will refund the difference between the price of the package and the full price of the appliance that you are keeping.
My Account allows you to save your details for a faster checkout. From time to time we may also send you promotional offers and details.
AO Digital Reward Card
When spending an AO Digital Reward Card you accept the terms and conditions below:
- AO Digital Reward Cards awarded when buying a qualifying purchase on ao-mobile.com are managed by our rewards partner, Jigsaw Business Solutions Ltd (“Jigsaw”), a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with registration number 08663917, whose registered office is at Battersea Studios, 80 Silverthorne Road, London, SW8 3HE
- Each transaction is subject to various fraud checks and AO.com reserves the right to refuse an order if the payment is subject to additional verification or scrutiny or for any other reason, without providing explanation.
- AO Digital Reward Cards will be sent to the email address stated in the individual order following the qualifying period.
- Provided you do not cancel your Pay Monthly contract within your 14-day change of mind grace period or return your phone within 30 days due to it being faulty, you will automatically receive the AO Digital Reward Card by email following this 30-day period. If you do not receive your AO Digital Reward Card within 5 days of this grace period ending, please contact 03338 000 444
- The value of your AO Digital Reward Card is specific to the deal you selected on AO Mobile, and is available to view on your confirmation email.
- Where possible Jigsaw will try to meet all delivery requirements but neither Jigsaw nor AO shall be liable for any loss incurred either directly or indirectly by failure to meet the requested delivery date. 'Loss' in this instance includes any loss of profit, costs, damages, charges, other expenses, consequential losses and non-financial losses.
- Risk will pass to the customer upon delivery. Neither Jigsaw nor AO has any liability for lost, stolen or damaged AO Digital Reward Cards once risk has passed to the customer at time of email delivery.
- AO Digital Reward Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal statutory rights.
- Jigsaw is not directly linked to AO or any AO company and Jigsaw cannot take responsibility for products and services offered by AO or AO Mobile companies. In addition, AO shall not be responsible for services offered by Jigsaw and its associated companies.
- AO Digital Reward Card values should be checked immediately upon receipt. Any discrepancies must be notified immediately to AO Customer Service by calling 03338 000 444 or email [email protected]. Neither AO nor Jigsaw can be held responsible for any shortage or loss of any AO Digital Reward Cards not notified to Jigsaw within 14 working days of email delivery, or the specified delivery date in respect of lost cards.
- Top up payments can be added to the AO Digital Reward Card. Your credit/debit card statement will read "AO Digital Reward Card.
- Jigsaw cannot be held responsible for failure to meet its service obligations when any failure is brought about due to a cause totally beyond its reasonable control, for example: acts of God, trade disputes; governmental intervention, fire, flood, and disruption to computer and IT infrastructure.
- Breach of these terms and conditions by you will entitle Jigsaw and/or AO to seek the appropriate legal remedy available for injunction, damages or otherwise.
- Whilst the contents of the website are checked for accuracy, Jigsaw cannot be held responsible for omissions or errors or any statements made on the site. Nor is Jigsaw responsible for any losses incurred if information is used from the website or if accessing the site may result in viruses to your computer equipment.
- The images on the website including trademarks can only be used with the permission of the owner.
- As a UK registered company any disputes with AO and/or Jigsaw will be subject to resolution under English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Spending your AO Digital Reward Card
- AO Digital Reward Cards are redeemable online at ao.com, they can be used for products or services purchased.
- When redeeming, follow the payment options to ‘Pay With Card’ as you would a normal debit card. Select ‘Mastercard’ and enter the 16-digit card number and expiry date from the front of the card, and the security code on the back of the card at the checkout.
- AO Digital Reward Cards cannot be exchanged for cash and is non-transferable.
- If your AO basket value is less than the balance of your AO Digital Reward Card, the remaining balance will stay on the card until you use it again, or upon the expiry date of the card.
- AO Digital Reward Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your statutory legal .
- All refunds of goods or services purchased with an AO Digital Reward Card will be made in accordance with AO’s refund policy. Any refunded amount will be credited to the AO Digital Reward Card used to make the original purchase (or a new AO Digital Reward Card will be issued if the original card has expired) and will not be given in cash. If you topped up the reward card with additional funds, we can refund this value back to the original payment method if it is unused.
- AO Digital Reward Cards should be treated like cash. They will not be replaced if , stolen or damaged. AO Digital Reward Cards are not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- The initial value of your AO Digital Reward Card value awarded from a qualifying purchase from AO Mobile will expire after 6 months from the date of issuing your digital reward card via email.
- When your AO Digital Reward Card expires with a balance remaining that you added on top of the original issued amount of your AO Digital Reward Card, you can call 03338 000 444 or email [email protected] and request for any additional balance or refund balance that remained on expiry to be re-issued onto a new AO Digital Card or refund issued on to the original payment card used. Subject to routine security checks. The original reward issued by aombile.com will expire at this point and cannot be used to purchase products or services from ao.com
- AO Digital Reward Card balances can be checked by calling customer services on 03338 000 444.
- AO may discontinue an AO Digital Reward Card at any time if in AO’s discretion it deems such action necessary.
- AO Digital Reward Cards are issued by and remain the property of AO PLC,
- AO may amend the terms and conditions at any time without notice. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights.
All of our laptop bundles are subject to availability. If you have an issue with any product within your bundle, please just give us a call on 0344 324 9222 with your order number to hand and we’ll do everything we can to help. If you wish to return your bundle for a refund, all items must be returned. We cannot offer partial refunds on products within a bundle.
If you have a complaint about ao.com you can contact us as follows:
By writing us a letter:
c/o AO World PLC
5a The Parklands
By calling us on 0344 324 9222
By emailing us on [email protected] and we'll get back to you within 48 hours.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are also entitled to pursue alternative dispute resolution by referring your complaint to The Retail ADR, a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider whose purpose is to resolve disputes between consumers and traders without having to go to court.
The contact details for The Retail ADR are as follows:
- Post address:The Retail ADR, 33 floor Euston Towers, 286 Euston Road, London, NW1 3DP
- Telephone number: 020 3540 8063
- Email address: [email protected]
You may also be eligible to lodge your complaint to EU Online Dispute Resolution platform - www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.