Privacy and Security
When shopping online, there are a few signs to let you know you’re shopping on a site that’s secure.
You’ll see the VeriSign Trust Seal on our site. This means that VeriSign have verified our identity and confirmed our site passes a daily malware scan. Look out also for:
• a closed padlock and https in the URL
• a green address bar
This means a VeriSign SSL certificate secures us.
For extra security, you’ll see our checkout uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard SecureCard and American Express Safekey, which safeguard you from unauthorised use of your cards. Once you've registered and created a password with your card issuer, you'll be prompted to provide this each time you check out.
Here at AO, we only collect, keep, use or share your information for genuine business purposes, when you’ve approved us to do so, or when we’re obliged to legally. There are a few different reasons why we retain your personal details.
1. We want to make our website and our app accessible to you with informative content tailored to your needs.
2. When you provide us with your personal information, we use it to maintain any registered accounts you have with us.
3. With your agreement, we may contact you from time to time, by SMS, or e-mail regarding our latest promotional offers, products and services that we think you may be interested in.
4. We also may get in touch regarding customer satisfaction surveys and market research.
5. When you give us permission, we also use personal details to contact you regarding our services and products and if we need to verify your identity.
6. We also may use your personal information for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administration purposes.
7. Your information could be used on any instances where we have a legal right to either use or disclose your information. This may include crime or fraud prevention purposes.
Creating an Account with AO
Information We'll Share
Our Finance Providers, V12 Retail Finance and Omni Capital Retail Finance
If you spend £199 or more on the ao.com site, you can choose to spread the cost of your purchase by using finance. We've teamed up with V12 Retail Finance and Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited to offer you a flexible and affordable option to pay on finance. Both V12 Retail Finance and Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited provide Retail Point of Sale Credit through an online paperless application and processing system. If your application is successful, you will enter into a Credit Agreement with either Secure Trust Bank PLC trading as V12 Retail Finance or Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited.
V12 Retail Finance will service any queries you may have relating to your application if it is accepted by them. V12 Retail Finance can be contacted on 02920 468 900.
If your application is approved by Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited, they will answer any questions you may have once your order has been completed. Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited can be contacted on 0333 240 8317.
V12 Retail Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 679653 and asks as a credit broker for Secure Trust Bank PLC and Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited. Secure Trust Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 204550.
V12 Retail Finance is a trading name of Secure Trust Bank PLC.
Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number: 720279. AO Retail Limited of 5a Parklands, Lostock, Bolton BL6 4SD is acting as a credit broker for Secure Trust Bank PLC trading as V12 Retail Finance and also Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited.
When We'll Contact You
We like to be able to keep you up to date with news, offers and promotions, but you can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. To do this, click on the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any of our emails, or contact customer care. It may take a couple of days for all of our systems to update, so bear with us whilst we process your request. Please note, if you submit information but there is an error or delay in processing, we may use the details you've submitted to contact you to complete your order.`
When You Contact Us
If you get in touch by email or live chat to ask a question about your order or our services, we’ll keep a record of your emails and our responses. This helps us to resolve any problems, and to answer your query quickly and easily if you need to get in touch again. It also helps us to check our advisors have all the training they need to give you the best possible help. Your telephone calls to AO may also be recorded for training purposes.
Refer a Friend Scheme
Please only send messages to your friends who you know would like to receive the available offers.