This is one of my favourite times of year. Christmas is just around the corner and there are so many great festive treats to choose from. When everyone’s minds are on turkey, it can be hard to think of a dish for vegetarian guests that doesn’t include nut loaf.
That’s where this recipe for stuffed aubergines comes in. Filled with puy lentils, romero peppers and cannellini beans, even the biggest of meat fans will be eyeing this up.
here's what you'll need...
- 1 large aubergine, washed and cut in half lengthways
- 200g of puy lentils, rinsed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 romero pepper, chopped into bitesize chunks
- 120g of cannellini beans
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 30g of manchego cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ½ a teaspoon of fennel seeds, crushed
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small glass of red wine
- 300ml of vegetable stock
- 3 tbsps of olive oil
- Salt and pepper