Is it BBQ season yet? These chicken skewers require few ingredients and very little prep but they taste absolutely delicious! Serve them Greek-style in warm flatbread (pittas) with garlicky tzatziki sauce, sliced tomatoes and onion and some crumbled feta cheese and don’t forget to put some beers in the freezer to wash them down with!
Chicken gets a bad rep when it comes to BBQs – stick with thigh meat which will be juicy and tender but make sure you cook it thoroughly.
Here's what you'll need...
For the tzatziki:
- 300g full fat Greek Yoghurt
- 150g cucumber (about half large cucumber)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil to drizzle (optional)
For the chicken skewers:
- 800g skinless chicken thighs
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- add 2 minced garlic cloves if you are skipping the tzatziki
- 8 flatbreads
- 2 large vine tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 large red onion, sliced very thinly and mixed with 2 tbsp of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- crumbled feta cheese