Terms and Conditions
Our Contract with you
We display our availability on the website and when you can have an item delivered. Where we display the earliest available delivery day prior to the checkout, postcode restrictions may apply. For the most accurate delivery date to your home, you can enter your postcode when you’re in the checkout.
We deliver thousands of products a week and so we have to rely on a computer system for our stock control. Computers are better than people at this stuff on a big scale but even they occasionally get it wrong. If we get this wrong we will tell you as soon as we know and we will try to sort it out for you.
Black Friday Pricing
Any offers are genuine savings. Because we match the prices of competitors, there is the potential for prices to drop further. We will always offer our customers our price match promise.
Unique Discount Codes
Unique codes are a little different from our normal discount codes but everything mentioned above still applies. Your unique discount code has been generated especially for you and can only be used once. When you’re ready to redeem your offer, simply copy and paste it into the discount code box. You’ll find this on the basket page when placing your order. This code can only be redeemed online, and isn’t valid for orders placed over the phone.
From time to time we may also send you promotional offers and details, including when you first register for My Account. Our My Account registration discount offer applies to items worth £299 or more. Your discount code will have an expiry date and won’t be valid for use after that date. This is a promotional offer and can be withdrawn at any time.
VAT Notice 735 on mobile phone orders
In line with HMRC’s VAT reverse charge procedure, we may need to get in contact with you after you’ve placed your order to arrange a refund of VAT. This will apply if you’re a VAT registered business and you spend more than £5,000 (excluding VAT) or £6,000 (including VAT, discount or promotions, but excluding any charges for services or delivery) in a single transaction on mobile phones.
Please note customers need to be aged at least 16 to accept delivery.
Occasionally something will happen out of our control that closes roads, like floods snow or other adverse weather conditions or things like, sporting events which result in closed roads. In this event we'll block any affected dates out of the checkout delivery calendar. If you've already selected your delivery date and you're affected, we'll contact you as soon as possible to arrange alternative delivery options. We will do what we can, but can’t be held liable if we can’t fulfil delivery due to reasons beyond our control.
Unfortunately, on the rare occasions where a delivery is unsuccessful, we're not liable for costs incurred. This might include things like a third party engineer or food deliveries.
There are various delivery options available, depending on your needs and how much you want to pay. These options are set out clearly on the checkout page before you place your order.
Please note, we don't currently deliver selected TV & entertainment, computing, phone and smart tech products to Northern Ireland.
Track Your Order
Track Your Order allows you to view a live estimated delivery window, an interactive map of where we’re up to and how many deliveries we’re making before we get to you. You can use Track Your Order to change your delivery date and request another invoice should you need it.
For certain smaller items delivered by AO Logistics, you can ask us to leave your order in a safe place or with a neighbour if you’re not going to be in. You can also send us additional instructions if you need to. Please note that AO will not take any responsibility for any lost or stolen goods.
Pre-ordering a product
- Pre-order terms apply alongside and in addition to our terms and conditions of sale.
- A pre-order product is a product that has not yet been released. By pre-ordering, you are paying for and reserving yourself a copy of the game or console for launch day.
- Payment for your pre-order is taken when you place the order.
- Where possible, a pre-released order will be shipped to you so that you may receive it on the release date. When you get to the checkout, you will be able to select a delivery date that suits you, starting from the day of release. Release dates are set by the manufacturers and are subject to change. We are not liable for any changes to a pre-release date that has been advertised by us.
- Normal refund rules apply to pre-order products.
- Pre-order products are subject to availability.
Any product that has a PEGI (Pan-European Games Information) rating will be labelled on its product page. If you are purchasing a PEGI rated product, you confirm that you are eligible to receive and view the content of the title you’ve ordered. If you’re buying a PEGI rated product for someone else, you confirm that they are of the appropriate age to receive and view the content of the title you’ve ordered. Please note that we reserve the right to refuse to sell PEGI rated products if we reasonably believe that a customer is under the minimum appropriate age.
- Any electrical/plumbing supplies needed fail the delivery team's testing or are unsuitable.
- Any water supply needed cannot be isolated or is unsuitable.
- Any drainage/waste facilities needed are unusable.
- Mechanical adjustments are required to the item(s) to overcome such things as water pressure etc. Alterations to existing plumbing and electrical are required.
- Please note that our premium connection service is not available at commercial properties that don't have a secondary domestic meter.
If you're making use of a connection/installation service and haven’t opted for our disconnection service, please disconnect (and defrost if necessary) the appliance before we arrive.
From time to time we may offer installation services as part of a promotion, for example half price or free installation. Postcode restrictions apply, you can find out if installation is available in your area in the checkout.
Conditions for Gas and Electric Installation
Please note that our premium connection service is not available at commercial properties that don't have a secondary domestic meter.
Installing Hobs and Cookers
Please note that our premium connection service is not available at commercial properties that don't have a secondary domestic meter.
Special Conditions for TV Installation
- We'll unpack your new TV.
- Disconnect the wires from your old TV.
- Connect your new TV to the stand that’s in the box. We’re unable to connect to a furniture television stand (as in a piece of furniture with brackets for a TV).
- Place it onto a suitable flat surface of your choice.
- Connect any new or existing devices to your new TV (e.g. sound bars, satellite boxes, games consoles). There isn’t a limit to how many existing devices we can connect, but we won’t be able to correct or adjust any settings. Please also make sure you have any connecting cables (e.g. HDMI, scart cable etc.) ready when we deliver, as we won’t be able to supply them unless you have bought them as part of your order.
- If you've ordered a SMART TV we’ll try to connect it to your home WiFi. Please have your password ready, so we can get you up and running quickly. We’ll leave the exploring of the SMART features to you, as they are specific to your taste. We'll tune in your TV and explain some of its basic features, so that you can enjoy it straight away.
- We dispose of your old TV if you’ve selected it.
- Take away the packaging from your new TV.
- We'll happily connect any speakers or amps for you but are unable to mount them to your wall.
- Please check that your aerial and cable will reach the area where you want your TV installed and also that your plug socket or electrical extension lead is within 1 metre of your TV.
- Our installers do not carry extension aerials and will only carry an electrical extension lead to allow them to test your new TV and they’ll take it away with them.
- We won’t be able to lay cables under carpets, flooring or behind skirting boards.
- Some SMART TVs require a dongle to use the internet features. Please double check this as they are not supplied with the TV. Our installers will carry a spare dongle with them to test the internet connection on your TV, but will take it away with them.
- Our engineers are highly trained and will always do their very best to connect your TV but occasionally and mainly for the reasons above, this may not be possible. Where our team cannot complete the connection through no fault of their own, we reserve the right not to refund any connection charge paid.
If Products are Faulty
It’s our legal duty to supply products that are fit for purpose and meet satisfactory quality requirements.
As a customer, it’s your legal right to receive either a refund, repair or replacement for products that are either faulty or not what you expected as per the Consumer Rights Act.
We'll offer resolutions based on the timelines outlined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for products purchased from 1st October 2015 onwards, and those outlined in the Sale of Goods Act for those bought prior to this date.
- If a fault has been confirmed with your new product within 30 days of delivery, you can return it in exchange for a full refund.
- If you find a fault with your product after the 30 day cut off (but within 6 months of owning it) you can choose whether you’d like us to either repair or replace it for you (unless one option is disproportionate). If it’s not possible for us to offer a repair or replacement, you can choose to keep the product and receive a partial refund or return the product and receive a full refund.
- If you find a fault after 6 months of owning the product and you can prove the defect was present when we delivered it, we’ll follow the same processes that are outlined in point 2.
You can get advice regarding your legal rights from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
The manufacturers will supply a warranty in addition to your rights under the Sale of Goods Act. In most cases you'll receive a 1 year warranty covering all parts and labour. In some cases, it may be extended to 2, 5 or even 10 years by the manufacturer. You may need to register to qualify for these promotions – please check with one of our team.
Please also note that our warranties only cover domestic use; items for use in commercial properties might not be covered.
Things Beyond Our Control
Our Liability to You
Information About Us and How to Contact Us
How We May Use Your Personal Information
Buy More and Save
Our 'Buy More and Save' offer, when active, excludes Small Appliances (with the exception of Freestanding Microwaves), Floorcare, TV and Home Entertainment and Computing.
To take advantage of the offer, your appliances must be placed within the same order. You can only add a maximum of 10 appliances per order and you must submit your claim within 21 days of your order being delivered. Unfortunately trade customers are excluded from this offer. To receive your cashback, your claim form will be sent to you via email. Simply fill the form in and once it’s received, cashback will be transferred via BACS within 28 days of receipt of a valid claim.
AO.com reserves the right to remove, vary or cancel this offer in its sole discretion at any time without incurring any liability. We are under no obligation to honour any multi-line orders placed outside the scope of this offer.
Oven and Hob packages
Packages are subject to availability. If there are any problems with your order, please call our customer contact centre on
0344 324 9222 and have your order reference to hand. Please note, if you wish to return one of the products from the package, we will refund the difference between the price of the package and the full price of the appliance that you are keeping.
My Account allows you to save your details for a faster checkout. From time to time we may also send you promotional offers and details.
All of our laptop bundles are subject to availability. If you have an issue with any product within your bundle, please just give us a call on 0344 324 9222 with your order number to hand and we’ll do everything we can to help. If you wish to return your bundle for a refund, all items must be returned. We cannot offer partial refunds on products within a bundle.
If you have a complaint about ao.com you can contact us as follows:
By writing us a letter:
c/o AO World PLC
5a The Parklands
By calling us on 0344 324 9222
By emailing us on [email protected] and we'll get back to you within 48 hours.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are also entitled to pursue alternative dispute resolution by referring your complaint to The Retail ADR, a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider whose purpose is to resolve disputes between consumers and traders without having to go to court.
The contact details for The Retail ADR are as follows:
- Post address:The Retail ADR, 33 floor Euston Towers, 286 Euston Road, London, NW1 3DP
- Telephone number: 020 3540 8063
- Email address: [email protected]
You may also be eligible to lodge your complaint to EU Online Dispute Resolution platform - www.ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.