The TV is the centrepiece to your living room and we want to make sure you have the best home entertainment experience possible. Have a read through this handy measurement guide and find out everything you need to know, from screen size to wall mounting and TV stands.
How To Measure For Your New TV
Follow these 2 quick and simple steps, find the perfect TV for your home entertainment set-up and say goodbye to squinting:
- 1. Measure the distance between your sofa and where you would like the TV to live in feet.
- 2. Multiply this measurement by 8 and hey presto, you have your optimal TV size.
- Let's say there is approximately 6 feet between the TV and your favourite spot on the sofa.
- Multiply 6 feet by 8. You get 48.
- A 48" screen will give you the best viewing experience.
- We told you it was simple!
4K or HD
With a 4K TV, you're likely to lose that lifelike detail the further away you sit, so we recommend following the guide above to make the most of your stunning picture. As there isn't as much detail on Full HD TV's, you can move back a little further and you won't notice much of a difference in quality.
- A 120cm stand for a 60" TV
- A 100cm stand for a 50" TV.
- An 80cm stand for a 42" TV.
If you would like to leave a bit of space on either side for some ornaments or photo frames, then give these measurements a try:
- A 160cm stand for a 50" TV.
- A 140cm stand for a 42" TV.