Ok, so Spring is supposed to be here by now, but the weather gods clearly have other ideas. Most of us will probably dream of warmer days and travels to far-flung places right now. This will often bring with it a craving for flavoursome food that reminds us of holidays, adventures and sunshine. Since, however, it still feels somewhat too cold for a crisp (and cold!) salad, we need something a little more warming. And a Moroccan spiced stew is just the thing! Packed full of veggie goodness and flavours, this stew is guaranteed to warm you up and transport you to warmer climes whilst waiting for Spring to finally make an appearance.
Here's what you'll need...
- 1kg sweet potatoes, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 2-3 carrots, diced into ½-inch chunks
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 200g Puy lentils
- 150g dried organic apricots, chopped
- 3tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 200g baby spinach
- 3tsp Ras el Hanout spice mix
- small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3tbsp organic argan oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper