This spicy mulled cider is perfect for serving on Bonfire Night or any autumnal celebrations! Very easy to prepare and a real crowd pleaser. The recipe can be easily doubled if you are serving a crowd.
To make in a slow cooker: Add all the ingredients into a preheated slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until the cider is warmed through. Do not allow it to come to the boil. You can serve straight from the slow cooker which will keep the mulled cider warm for a few hours.
Make it alcohol-free: Use cloudy apple juice instead of apple cider and leave out the rum.
Here's how it's done...
Here's what you'll need...
- 3 small apples, halved
- 5 orange slices, plus more to serve
- 1 litre medium-dry cider
- 100ml spiced rum or brandy
- 5 tbsp agave syrup or honey, or more to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks, plus more to serve
- 2 star anise (optional)
- Demerara sugar, to frost the glass (optional)