Easter is the perfect time to get into the kitchen and prepare some sweet treats that the whole family will enjoy, in between consuming copious amounts of Easter eggs, of course.
So why not bake along with one of our easy to follow recipes and you will be left with some delicious deserts that will impress any guests you have round over the Easter period!
here's what you'll need..
For the Rhubarb Crumble
For the filling:
- 4 ripe pears, peeled cored cut in large chunks
- 450g /16oz rhubarb, thickly sliced
- Juice and grated zest of 1 orange
- 85g/3oz light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
For the crumble:
- 140g /5oz plain flour
- 110g /4 oz unsalted butter, diced
- 55g /2ozground almonds
- 85g/3oz golden caster sugar
- 55g /2oz rolled oats
- 85g /3oz skin-on hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Custard or vanilla ice cream, to serve
For the Hot-Cross Buns
- 500 g/1lb bag of plain white bread mix
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 85 g/3oz light soft brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 170 g/6oz dried mixed fruit: include mixed peel, raisins, sultanas, currants or any of your favourites
- 1 egg beaten
- 30g/1oz melted butter
- 200ml/7floz of tepid liquid: half milk and water
- 2 tbsps plain flour mixed to thick paste with a little cold water
- 1-2tbsps golden syrup (optional for a high glaze)
here's how it's done...
Rhubarb, Pear and Ginger Oat Crumble
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Fan assisted oven: 170 degrees C
Conventional oven: 180 degrees C
Gas oven: Mark 4
This rhubarb, pear and ginger oat crumble is a little twist on a classic but it’s guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser, especially when served with a scoop or two of ice cream!
Hot Cross Buns
Serves: 10 – 12
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Fan assisted oven: 200 degrees C
Conventional oven: 220 degrees C
Gas oven: Mark 7
Alternatively, why not try making the seasonal favourite, hot cross buns. A real classic for Easter weekend to share amongst friends and family.
Has the Neff oven in the recipes caught your eye? Have a look at the whole range.
I hope you enjoy our recipes this Easter and have fun recreating them!