Every time I reminisce about food enjoyed during the holidays, I realise that the best and most memorable dishes are actually the simplest, using fresh, local seasonal ingredients. This warm potato salad is a speciality of my mothers, she always serves it whenever we’re visiting Greece.
There’s really nothing complicated about it and that is one of its strengths. A simple, filling and crowd pleasing side dish that goes well with pretty much any grilled meat or fish you care to accompany it with. Unlike most potato salads this doesn’t contain any mayonnaise, but is dressed with extra virgin olive oil and plenty of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Use the best olive oil you can find and don’t be stingy with it!
Here's what you'll need...
- 10 medium Maris Piper potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 tablespoons mini capers
- 150g feta cheese, cubed
- Handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Juice of half a lemon, or more, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Plenty of extra virgin olive oil