Pressure cooking has become hip once again! But you can forget all about your mum’s stovetop pressure cooker which I bet she warned you to steer well clear of. Modern electric multi cookers like the Tefal Cook4me+ with the pressure cook option are a whole lot different and you need one in your kitchen!
Pressure cooking is faster, easier and, in the case of Tefal Cook4me, totally foolproof. This super gadget comes programmed with a series of recipes which you can follow easily. Once you familiarise yourself with them, you can go off-piste and improvise to create your own.
This vegan minestrone soup is the perfect easy to make recipe when you want something healthy, delicious and warming!
Here's what you'll need...
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, mince
- 3 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 courgette, finely diced
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g passata
- 80g quick-cook barley soup mix or mini pasta shapes
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Grated lemon zest to garnish
- Croutons, to serve