These days it’s all about the colourful, insta-worthy, drinks. Right now it’s the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino that’s making all sorts of waves – not necessarily the good kind! In Australia the $8 Smurf Latte is another insta-sensation. On the foodie side, we have the hugely popular mermaid and unicorn toasts… If you fancy getting a little playful and whimsical with your drinks, then let me introduce you to the mermaid protein smoothie! It’s healthy, vegan and mega instagrammable!
Here's what you'll need...
- 300ml coconut or almond milk – more if needed
- 1 large banana
- 2-3 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tbsp protein powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp spirulina or blue matcha powder
- 100g coconut yoghurt to garnish
- freeze-dried raspberries to decorate
- handful blueberries to decorate
- flaked coconut to decorate