We challenged Zainab of @cookingwithzainab to create a tasty dish using leftovers!
After testing how long my fruit and veg stayed fresh in my new Hotpoint fridge freezer, I decided to the leftovers to use by creating something tasty in 3 simple steps!
Tzatziki is a delicious and refreshing yoghurt-based dip from Greece. It’s definitely one of my favourite ways to enjoy the fresh flavours of cucumber. It’s perfect for the summer – no BBQ at my house is complete without it!
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- A handful of mint leaves, chopped + 1 whole for garnish
- A handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
- A handful of dill, chopped