Sometimes I get ideas from something I see, something I have at home and suddenly think of a way to utilise, or because of the weather. So, basically, inspiration for crafting happens at the most random moments and can sometimes involve the most random items. I call these my (admittedly rather rare) “lightbulb moments”.
When I needed to pick up some items from a well-known DIY shop, I came across some round and perfectly plain mirrors with the brackets for hanging them already attached. I immediately picked up a box there and then because I remembered all those pretty dried petals I still have at home and that they currently don’t serve very much of a purpose. See, that was one of those moments!
So, I took my mirrors home and got to work decorating them – well, so far one of them anyway. Here’s my idea, feel free to join in and decorate your own mirror.
here's what you'll need...
- Plain round mirror (hanging fixture attached)
- Mount board (available from arts supply shops)
- A large plate to create a template
- Heavy duty glue (the one that will REALLY keep the board on the mirror and could be used instead of nails )
- A pencil
- A craft knife
- Naturally dried flower petals