If you love creating a bit of spooky fun for the kids and trick or treaters at Halloween, but are sick of the typical orange and black colour scheme that is associated with it, then you might just love these quirky little treat pouches!
I used historical natural history images downloaded from the Biodiversity Heritage Library. These images come under a creative commons copyright licence, which means it is fine to use them for personal use. It really is quite an amazing resource, not only for this project!
The project involves printing from your computer onto cotton fabric, which is apparently new to the UK craft market, so very exciting!
here's what you'll need...
- Printable cotton inkjet sheets (order online)
- Digital image files (download below) from the Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Brown printable inkjet paper (available from Paperchase)
- Our labels template
- Mini pegs
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Scissors (some for cutting paper & some for cutting fabric)
- Twine, string or ribbon
- Free Printables, click to download