As you probably all know, Valentine’s day is only two weeks away and I’ve therefore decided to make something to celebrate the day. Now, I have to admit that I’m not really one for the “all out red overdose” which seems to generally take over this time of the year. It wouldn’t fit in with my general style and decor and since this project requires a bit of patience, I like to be able to keep it as a decoration for a little longer than just one day without it looking out of place. If, however, you prefer the red colour scheme, you can use red string and paper and I would, in that case, even advise to give the hoop a quick lick of red paint.
Right then, I hope you remember what I said in my last craft post? Keep the inner ring of the embroidery hoop, you will need it for another project. And this is the one!
here's what you'll need...
- The inner ring of a 12″ embroidery hoop
- 2-3 sheets of A3 craft paper or packaging paper
- 3 heart shapes – I’ve used old cutters, but you can download simple templates online or hand draw them if you wish
- 1.8m of string – I’ve used one which is about 3mm thick and provides a “visual balance”
- Very light (cream) sewing yarn
- Basic PVA (craft) glue
- A paint brush to apply the glue
- A pencil
- Tape measure
- Small scissors – either nail or découpage ones