Terms and Conditions
Our Contract with You
We display our availability on the website and when you can have an item delivered. Where we display the earliest available delivery day prior to the checkout, postcode restrictions may apply. For the most accurate delivery date to your home, you can enter your postcode when you’re in the checkout.
We deliver thousands of products a week and so we have to rely on a computer system for our stock control. Computers are better than people at this stuff on a big scale but even they occasionally get it wrong. If we get this wrong we will tell you as soon as we know and we will try to sort it out for you.
Unique Discount Codes
Occasionally something will happen out of our control that closes roads, like floods snow or other adverse weather conditions or things like, sporting events which result in closed roads. In this event we'll block any affected dates out of the checkout delivery calendar. If you've already selected your delivery date and you're affected, we'll contact you as soon as possible to arrange alternative delivery options. We will do what we can, but can’t be held liable if we can’t fulfil delivery due to reasons beyond our control.
Unfortunately, on the rare occasions where a delivery is unsuccessful, we're not liable for costs incurred. This might include things like a third party engineer or food deliveries.
There are various delivery options available, depending on your needs and how much you want to pay. These options are set out clearly on the checkout page before you place your order.
- Any electrical/plumbing supplies needed fail the delivery team's testing or are unsuitable.
- Any water supply needed cannot be isolated or is unsuitable.
- Any drainage/waste facilities needed are unusable.
- Mechanical adjustments are required to the item(s) to overcome such things as water pressure etc) Alterations to existing plumbing and electrical are required.
If you're making use of a connection/installation service and haven’t opted for our disconnection service, please disconnect (and defrost if necessary) the appliance before we arrive.
From time to time we may offer installation services as part of a promotion, for example half price or free installation. Postcode restrictions apply, you can find out if installation is available in your area in the checkout.
Conditions for Gas and Electric Installation
Installing Hobs and Cookers
Special Conditions for TV Installation
- We'll unpack your new TV.
- Disconnect the wires from your old TV.
- Connect your new TV to the stand that’s in the box. We’re unable to connect to a furniture television stand (as in a piece of furniture with brackets for a TV).
- Place it onto a suitable flat surface of your choice.
- Connect any new or existing devices to your new TV (e.g. sound bars, satellite boxes, games consoles). There isn’t a limit to how many existing devices we can connect, but we won’t be able to correct or adjust any settings. Please also make sure you have any connecting cables (e.g. HDMI, scart cable etc.) ready when we deliver, as we won’t be able to supply them unless you have bought them as part of your order.
- If you've ordered a SMART TV we’ll try to connect it to your home WiFi. Please have your password ready, so we can get you up and running quickly. We’ll leave the exploring of the SMART features to you, as they are specific to your taste. We'll tune in your TV and explain some of its basic features, so that you can enjoy it straight away.
- We recycle your old TV if you’ve selected it.
- Take away the packaging from your new TV.
- We'll happily connect any speakers or amps for you but are unable to mount them to your wall.
- Please check that your aerial and cable will reach the area where you want your TV installed and also that your plug socket or electrical extension lead is within 1 meter of your TV.
- Our installers do not carry extension aerials and will only carry an electrical extension lead to allow them to test your new TV and they’ll take it away with them.
- We won’t be able to lay cables under carpets, flooring or behind skirting boards.
- Some SMART TVs require a dongle to use the internet features. Please double check this as they are not supplied with the TV. Our installers will carry a spare dongle with them to test the internet connection on your TV, but will take it away with them.
- Our engineers are highly trained and will always do their very best to connect your TV but occasionally and mainly for the reasons above, this may not be possible. Where our team cannot complete the connection through no fault of their own, we reserve the right not to refund any connection charge paid.
If Products are Faulty
The manufacturers will supply a warranty in addition to your rights under the Sales of Goods Act. In most cases you'll receive a 1 year warranty covering all parts and labour, or in some instances, it may be extended to 2, 5 or even a whopping 10 years by the manufacturer. You may need to register to qualify for these promotions – please check with one of our team.
Please also note that our warranties only cover domestic use; items for use in commercial properties might not be covered.
Things Beyond Our Control
Our Liability to You
Information About Us and How to Contact Us
How We May Use Your Personal Information
Buy More and Save
Our 'Buy More and Save' offer, when active, excludes small appliances (with the exception of freestanding microwaves), floorcare, TV and Home Entertainment.
To take advantage of the offer, your appliances must be placed within the same order. You can only add a maximum of 10 appliances per order and you must submit your claim within 21 days of your order being delivered. Unfortunately trade customers are excluded from this offer. To receive your cashback, your claim form will be sent to you via email. Simply fill the form in and once it’s received, cashback will be transferred via BACS within 28 days of receipt of a valid claim.
AO.com reserves the right to remove, vary or cancel this offer in its sole discretion at any time without incurring any liability. We are under no obligation to honour any multi-line orders placed outside the scope of this offer.
My Account allows you to save your details for a faster checkout. From time to time we may also send you promotional offers and details. Our £20 discount offer applies to a future order of a product priced at £299 or over. Your discount code will have an expiry date and won’t be valid for use after that date. This is a promotional offer and can be withdrawn at any time.