- Grab a tape measure, a pen and paper and head to the unit where your appliance will go. You’ll need to measure the space you’ve got, not your old appliance.
- Measure a few different points, just in case the measurements vary in places. You’ll also need to take into account anything that might get in the way, like hinges and skirting boards.
- You’ll need the height (H) from top to bottom, the width (W) from side to side and the depth (D) from back to front. Once you have this information, you’ll be able to see which products will fit the space you have available.
The Hassle Free Way to Buy Integrated and Built-In Appliances
Whether you're replacing an existing appliance, or re-designing your whole kitchen, we're here to make buying a built-in appliance simple.
The lowdown on measuring up
Things to consider if you're starting from scratch
If you’re installing a brand new kitchen, then you’ve got more freedom to decide which appliances you’d like and where you want them to go. Here are some things you might want to consider.
- By choosing appliances first, you can design your kitchen around them, utilising your space workspace, depending on the size of your kitchen.
- Order in advance and book a delivery slot in the future, you can change it at any time. You can order your appliances up to 4 weeks in advance. But, if your kitchen isn't ready in time, we can reschedule the delivery date for you.
- Note down your appliance measurements for the kitchen planner to factor in.
- Think about how you use the kitchen and what you do most. For example, how much fresh food do you buy, do you need lots of oven and hob space, have you got room for a full-size dishwasher or a slimline?
- Also think about the most efficient layout. Is it easy to go from the fridge to the cooking area, or from the cooking area to the sink?
- Do you have space for a range cooker, or would an eye-level oven make life easier? And, where are your gas and electric points?
Make sure delivery and installation goes smoothly
When it comes to delivery here’s a few simple tips to help us get your appliance from the van and into your home safely.
- Walk the path your new appliance will take when it arrives at your home. Look out for narrow points, awkward angles and double check dimensions to make sure we can fit your appliance up your stairs and through the halls.
- We understand that schedules can change. If it’s easier, you can order your appliance weeks in advance and amend the delivery date at any time.
- We even offer an installation service and can disconnect and take away your old appliances.
You can change or cancel your order up until 5pm the day before your delivery. Just give us a call on 0844 324 9222.Find out more about our free 14 day returns policy