The Great British Bake Off is back, we’re so excited that we’re kicking off with our very own AO Bake Off that we can all bake along to at home!
To celebrate cake week, Catherine of @peartreecottagelife creates the most delicious blackberry and apple cake using a KitchenAid processor.
Show us your bakes on Instagram by tagging @AO and #AOatHome.
Ready. Set. Bake!
Here's what you'll need...
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 125g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 350g cored & peeled apples (I used a mix of Bramley & Granny Smiths)
- Handful of blackberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50mml milk
- 1 -2 small red-skinned eating apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
A 23cm loose-bottomed springform round tin, greased & base lined with baking parchment