Budgets are tight when you’re moving into a new home (if they aren’t, please tell us your secret). You’ll need to keep a few pennies to one side for those appliances that you can rely on to get you through this exciting new chapter in your life. We’ve rounded up the absolute essentials to make sure you hit the ground running.
Kitchen The heart of the home, the kitchen. This is where the majority of your must-have appliances will live. So, what do you need?
- Washing machine – keep everyone in the new abode looking, feeling and smelling clean with the king of the appliances
- Cooker/oven – let’s face it, you’re going to want to treat yourself to an almighty feast once you’re settled in. With a cooker, you’ll get a hob included on top. If you opt for an oven, you’ll get more cooking options, but you’ll need to invest in a separate hob
- Microwave – if you want the feast but don’t want to wait for it, ping it in one of these
- Fridge or fridge freezer – a new home for you, a new home for your groceries
- Toaster and kettle – whether your tipple is a tea or a coffee, you’ve earned it. Treat yourself to a couple of slices of toast too. We have a bunch of matching toasters and kettles, so you can keep it stylish
Living room Now let’s look at how you’re going to entertain yourself in the new place:
- TV – the centrepiece of the living room. We would recommend a Smart TV for endless entertainment at your fingertips.
Keep it clean Chores. Not what you dreamed of when you were planning the big move, but they’ve got to be done:
- Vacuum cleaner – breeze through the housework and get those carpets looking fresh. For ultimate flexibility, consider a cordless vacuum.
- Iron – who loses the coin toss and tackles the laundry pile this week? Well, a good iron will blast through those creases in no time. Easy.
You’ve probably got a million and one things to do, but don’t underestimate the importance of these wondrous appliances. They’ll all make life easier in the long-term. Now, go and enjoy your brand spanking new home!