Seasonal food is a popular aspect of the winter – with 32% even saying it’s their favourite part of this time of year. Only being cosy at home, Christmas and family time are more popular. Here’s one seasonal treat you make for yourself.
I have flavoured these with salted caramel and chocolate but you can use any flavour combinations you like. Make sure you dust them with the coating mixture otherwise they will dry out.
You will need to use a stand mixer and a digital thermometer for this recipe.
Here's what you'll need...
- 6 sheets platinum grade leaf gelatine
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons glucose syrup (or golden syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- vegetable oil for coating
- 50g milk or dark chocolate, finely grated
- 2-3 tbsp salted caramel or dulce de leche