• We have three types of built-in microwaves available: standard, combination and compact. The average dimensions for each of these are below, but they can vary.
• If you’re designing your dream kitchen from scratch, you’ll be able to find the dimensions of our built-in appliances on our product pages under the Key Information tab
• Our handy guide takes the guesswork out of measuring up for your new microwave. We’ll run you through what to measure and how to do it. Even if your new appliance arrives and it doesn’t fit, we will return it for you free of charge. No worries!
Whether your built-in microwave is going to live in an oven housing or a wall cabinet, it’s important to know the key dimensions of the space before you shop. First of all, let’s get the tape measure out and check the height. As a guide, we’ve listed out the average heights for each type of microwave, so you can find the perfect match:
• Standard microwave – 39.2cm
• Combination microwave – 46cm
• Compact microwave – 28cm
There are only two different width measurements for built-in microwaves. So, mark down the width of the space with your tape measure and check against these average dimensions:
• Standard microwave – 60cm
• Combination microwave – 60cm
• Compact microwave – 50cm
And finally, the depth of the microwave. Again, this can be split up into two measurements, up to 32cm or 33cm and above. You’ll find quite a bit of difference between each microwave, so we recommend that you check the dimensions of each model under the Key Information tab on our product pages and match up to the area in your kitchen. Here are the average depths:
• Standard microwave – 45-60cm
• Combination microwave – 45-60cm
• Compact microwave – 29-39cm
If you still need advice on buying built-in products and finding the right appliance, our team of experts are on hand-to help. Call us today on 0333 015 6875.